Tuesday 25 October 2016

Moments to Remember


This is a layout made with a lot of love for my very good friend, Robyn. Her father passed away whilst I was visiting my kids in NYC and when I got back I got straight into my scrappy supplies to make a memory page for her. I knew her favourite colour was purple and I really liked the retro feel with these Maja Design papers so I altered the photos to B&W to suit. 
It brought tears to her eyes when I gave it to her and we both had a good cry. Then together we watched the Western Bulldogs win their first Grand Final in 62 years and there were more emotional tears as this was Robyn and her father's team they have supported all their lives. 
And there it was....another Moment to Remember. 


With Robyn's blessing I am entering this into the challenge at Scrapbook Boutique



RIP Darcy.




7 comments:

  1. oh this is really beautiful.. what a lovely thing to do... my sympathy to you all on this sad loss..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the page and I love the story. A beautiful memory and such a fabulous way to celebrate! Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful page, and wonderful story, deepest sympathy to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this special project with us at Scrapbook Boutique! Your muted purples and pinks are the perfect foil for the b/w pictures - and I sense the personality of the man! Your friend was understandably touched by your work - what a wonderful way to honour her father!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful keepsake Vija. That's what scrapbooking is all about if you ask me. Love your style and so happy to see you joining in over at Scrapbook Boutique this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful memory to cherish, it makes for such a cheerful and fun page! I am so glad you could share it with us at Scrapbook Botique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vija, what a very special layout. Thank you for sharing this with us, it is beautiful in so many ways. x Amanda

    ReplyDelete